EviBlog Youphoria Branch
Today I'm releasing my updates to Mark van Aalst's EviBlog module for Sitecore. My version of the module is currently branched in the Shared Source repository. Since I developed the updates for a music blog I help run, the branch is named for the you-phoria blog.
The full installation package is also available.
11/22/2010 Update: Merged with trunk, thanks to @adeneys for the heads up on his updates for XSS protection and staged configurations.
Read on for more information...
One update to the module is a change to Google's reCAPTCHA for comment spam protection. As part of setting up your blog, you will need to sign up for a reCAPTCHA key, and configure the public and private keys on your blog home item.
Other updates include:
- Blog sublayouts configured as cacheable by default, where appropriate
- "View more" AJAX pagination on main blog and tagged posts
- Added author name to displayed post metadata
- Post listings now hyperlink post title, and include post metadata
- Various additions to markup and CSS classes to allow easier styling
- New Feeds control in sidebar to link to blog RSS feeds
- Now includes sc:VisitorIdentification in main blog layout for OMS robot detection
- Improved blog archive listing
- Now include a simple default theme (techphoria)
As you might have noticed, this blog is running the new branch, with the new default theme.
Before this branch can be merged into trunk, I need some help testing it out. So please, download and install the package! Provide feedback and report issues via the Shared Source forum on SDN. Happy blogging!
-Nick Wesselman aka techphoria414